Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pangya United ≠ Season 5

Edit on 4/27/2011. I'd like to add that this post was made before Pangya GU's GM confirmed Pangya GU being Season 5. While reading this post, please keep that in mind. Thanks.

I'll get right to the point. Pangya United isn't Season 5. Pangya GU(Global United) calls it Season 5. Today a GM  was online, so I asked the question. Is Pangya United Season 5? Click ''read more'' to read his response.



So, Pangya United is Season 5, but Pangya GU isn't calling it Season 5? Confusing isn't it? It gets even more confusing if you read the tab title on the Pangya United event page. Why? Because it states: Season 5. So now you have the proof that it's Season 5. A GM saying it's Season 5 but not calling it Season 5. And a tab title calling Pangya United Season 5. But shall I tell you why Pangya United ≠ Season 5? 

For starters. When a new season arrives, we get a new trailer and theme song. Both of those haven't been released and both Pangya JP and KR are Pangya United. Of course, the Pangya Logo. We've got a new Logo, but when a new season arrives, the logo gets a number. And what about all the stuff we're missing that would be added in Season 5? Like ''Boss mode'', '' Eye colour change'' and playable caddies like we have in Pangya PSP? That should have been released in Season 5. The most important thing is that JP or KR never said anything about Season 5 while releasing Pangya United. 

As much as I want the update on the 27th to be Season 5. It just isn't. If Pangya GU gets everything (except Wiz City) Pangya Korea already had in their Open Tournament for new Season 5 content. Then Pangya GU is getting screwed over. 

All this, is of course, my 2 cents. So what do you think? Is Pangya United Season 5? Or not? And if you wish to call Pangya GU Season 5. It's not a big deal.

Flute.

14 comments:

  1. I don't think this is technically Season 5 either but I do admit this is really confusing. Hopefully Korea will drop the actual Season 5 teaser soon after Wiz City's release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This clearly isn't an event patch...
    This clearly isn't a new gacha and/or cratchy...
    This clearly isn't a bug patch...
    I'm thinking "official" Season 5 is just gonna be United when it has finally released WizCity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask what you mean with "This clearly isn't.."? I don't seem to get that part, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This clearly isn't", "This" meaning all the caddie upgrades, the SSC, and etc. "clearly" it's an adjective describing "this". "Clear" is relevant to "definite". "isn't" this should be self-explanatory.
    tl;dr: "The patch definitely isn't"

    ReplyDelete
  5. From that reply it looks like they said: "Happy yes, we not calling it season 5."

    If it were proper grammar it would probably be something like: "Happy yes, but we are not calling it season 5."

    So going by that, I say it is season 5, but none of the servers are calling it that, perhaps this is a transitioning season that will lead us into Season 5? United is probably a way for them to get us all up to date in one fell swoop.

    It's not Season 4.9 but its not yet Season 5, so instead of choosing a number, I think they chose a relevant subtitle; which I am willing to bet that subtitle will be carried into Season 5.

    At least that's my take on it. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't think it will officially be s5 until Wiz City comes and the new trailer/teaser with song etc. Can't wait though.

    P.S. spelling mistake in the news flash up top, "chance" should be "change" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Mizu
    I was kinda surprised by the bad grammar tbh,but I guess you make short cuts when we have to answer a lot of people.

    I like the way you put it tho, it's a big possibility.

    Oh yes, the main reason for Pangya United is for stuff to come out a round the same time. The GM answered someone's question about that. Example: Wiz City.

    @ J3llo
    Can't wait either :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have gotten used to it, every time I have asked a GM a question in the lobby, it's always been something similar. But I suppose you are right, when dealing the "OMFG ITS A GM! *Insert question here*" spam, short, quick, grammatically incorrect answers are more convenient.

    Just calling it how I see it, and I hope I am right.

    I thought as much, I mean everyone being on United was a surprise to me But it makes sense now, especially with the recent Gacha rares being close on each server, as well as the new content/features.

    It's a nice change to say the least. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Two Cents:
    Its not Season 5.

    Would still be missing everything Flute said plus the new course "Demons Land"

    I think PangYa United is patch to catch up to KR and then only after that (prob either summer or Fall) Season 5 comes.

    I also think we will get stuff that is in Open Season but will not have the Open Season title as it was just for KR only.

    Well only one way to find out. Apr 27 and like a 24 hour maintenance XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Urm.. Can i ask something??... The Pangya-US Server still DOWN??...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olha eu acho que o pangya open tournament é o season 5 (beta) enquanto o pangya united é a o season 5 na versão completa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Anonymous,

    The server is not "down", it's on a scheduled maintenance until 1AM PDT. It was planned for Pangya to not be available during the maintenance hours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's Season 5 because the game engine has changed.

    Season 4 version was R4, now it's R5... the wangreal engine was changed again, so it's a new season.

    ReplyDelete